Wilson and Irene McMahon, All Nations College It has been an amazing year during which we have learned so much from the students and staff. God has provided for us and we feel so privileged to be on staff here. College never really closes during the summer holidays. There is a raft of short courses for a variety of people during July and during the month of August the college is used for church retreats and conferences. We would like to ask you to join with us in prayer for the following specific challenges:
1. Continue to pray for Irene’s mother’s improvement. She is home now and has carers and family members coming in every day to support her.
2. Pray for more students to enrol for the BA in Biblical and Intercultural Studies in September. In order to break even financially we require at least 12 more students. We will be hosting 5 enquirers’ days over the summer for anyone who is interested in knowing more about the courses here.
3. Pray for other sources of income so that the college can develop: income from students’ fees covers the administrative costs associated with tertiary level education and the staff salaries. It does not however cover maintenance and upkeep of the buildings and premises. This year we are hoping to purchase 80 new single beds and 20 double beds.
4. Pray that the staff will take time for rest and be refreshed over the summer. Since we have just revalidated our courses many of them require rewriting or upgrading which will need to be done in time for the beginning of the new term in September.
5. Tuesday 18th July we will travel to Manchester to celebrate Gavin’s graduation. He is exploring ways of getting into teach and we would ask you to pray that he finds a school where he can teach and study his PGCE at the same time.
6. Pray for Wilson that he will be able to hand in his first final draft in early August and submit the completed work by the 24th August. On the 19th July we travel home for six weeks in Northern Ireland and hope to catch up with many of you. Thank you for your partnership with us in this ministry, Wilson & Irene.